I connect with a ton of great people on Twitter, Facebook, and here on Cool & Collected, and many of these fine folks run blogs and web sites of their own. I thought it would be great if we all got together and helped each other out… I present you with “League of Extraordinary Bloggers” [working title.]
Here’s how it will work…
Each Monday, I will announce a different topic here on Cool & Collected. For example, let’s say the first week’s topic will be the character of Snake Eyes from the G.I. Joe franchise.
Any blogger who wants to contribute to the weekly topic would write up an article about the specified topic (Snake Eyes) and post it on their site by the following Sunday. Once the article is posted, send me an email or DM with the link.
On Monday, I will put up a post of my own about the weekly topic (Snake Eyes) on Cool & Collected, and at the bottom of the post, I will write a sentence or two for each participating blog, pointing readers to those sites. At this point, I will also announce the topic for the next week.
Every blog that contributes to the weekly topic, should add their own excerpts and links to some or all of the other contributing sites, using Cool & Collected’s list as a guide. This is optional, but the more that people do this, the more traffic will be generated for all of us. (You can not simply copy and paste someone else’s list because that could adversely affect your, and their Google rank.)
Sample blog ideas
Whether you’re a writer, illustrator, photographer, you could approach the topic in any number of ways, such as:
- Memories about the character
- Action figure review
- Character history/bio
- Comic book or movie appearances
- Fan fiction
- Original photos or illustrations
Benefits to your site:
1. You will gain an increase in traffic. Once you write up your post, I will add a link to it here on Cool & Collected, and then other contributing sites will add links to it as well.
2. You will gain new readers. When you increase your blog’s traffic, you will also introduce new people to your site. If you are posting informative blogs consistently and your visitors see this, they will find reason to keep coming back.
3. You will gain new links back to your blog. These links will increase your ability to get traffic, not only from the participating blogs but also from the rest of the internet as well, thanks to the search engines.
4. Fresh ideas! Sometimes as a blogger, it’s difficult to come up with an idea of what to write about. By participating in the League of Extraordinary Bloggers you would get a new idea to consider each week, and will hopefully see an increase in your traffic due to the increase of inbound links you will receive.
So, who’s with me?
A blog post can be a well-researched thesis or it can be a snapshot taken with Instagram. I’d love to see a bunch of you contribute to this project and soon enough, we will surely rule the world! So, who’s with me? Add a comment below and be sure to include your email address, and I’ll let you know when to lift your pencils and begin.
As of September, 2014, the League has shut down. We had a lot of fun, but the idea has run its course. Read more here.