Last week, the League was asked to write up a dozen songs that were forever being looped on our mixtapes in high school. As expected, this topic generated a HUGE variety of responses, and was a ton of fun! So, sit back and take a trip down memory lane with these dulcet tunes, brought to you by…
- Green Plastic Squirtgun
- Monster Cafe Saltillo
- Flashlights are Something to Eat
- Goodwill Hunting for Geeks
- Memories of Toymorrow
- Cool & Collected
- The Man Who Stares at Toys
- That Figures
- Rediscover the 80’s
- Lair of the Dork Horde
- Geek It Til It Hurts
- Geek Cultural
- Michael May’s Adventure Blog
- AEIOU and Sometimes Why
- Cavalcade of Awesome
- Team Hellions
- Branded in the 80’s
- Whatever I Think Of
- Q the Adult
Around the League
Some of our fellow League members have exciting stuff going on that I wanted to be sure to mention:
- Reis O’Brien’s “Vro0oom!” art show is happening now, and he also has an awesome new gig at Funko! Way to go Reis!
- Ashley Raburn’s latest episode of Collecting Nostalgia is up and it features another League member, Stacey Rader!
- The Nerd Lunch crew has reached their 50th podcast episode (and I have it on good authority that you won’t want to miss episode #51).
- Shawn Robare took this week’s challenge the extra mile and is giving away actual mixtapes (er, CDs).
- A few of us contributed to the next issue of the Strange Kid Comix Magazine which is currently in Kickstarter mode, so check it out!
- And, I’m giving away some fun stuff to five of my Twitter pals.
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
Don’t forget, if you sign up for the Cool & Collected email newsletter, you will get a reminder on Mondays about the League topics and results.
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!
Great stuff guys. My apologies to the League for my absence these past few weeks. Life has just been too busy, but I hope to rejoin with the upcoming assignment.