Okay, it seems like we have reached a consensus–Kurt Russell is awesome. I had a feeling that the League was going to come up with some true gold this week, and I was not disappointed! Here’s the final result of our joint efforts…
- Green Plastic Squirtgun gives his rundown of Top 10 Kurt Russell movies.
- TJ at Geek Til It Hurts lists five roles that were made for Kurt Russell.
- Adamotomy thinks that Kurt Russell thinks Val Kilmer sucks.
- Memories of Toymorrow hit the Hollywood archives for Kurt Russell’s Star Wars audition tapes.
- Nudity (finally!) makes an appearance in the League, and we have the Claymation Werewolf to thank for it.
- Adam is the Man Who Stares at Toys, and this week, he is staring at Kurt Russell action figures.
- Not to be outdone, Rob at Action Figure Chat also posts his favorite Kurt Russell figures.
- The Movie Hodgepodge has convinced me that I need to go watch Kurt Russell in the Barefoot Executive.
- Make no mistake, Reis has some mad Lite-Brite skills. (Hey folks, we need more artists in the League!)
- Iok at That Figures presents us with Six Things You Never Knew About Kurt Russell. (Awesome.)
- Ashley at Life with Fandom throws some love Captain Ron’s way.
- TL at Flashlights are Something to Eat turns the topic around and gives an alpha-list of things he likes more than Kurt Russell. booo. 😉
- Mike at The Sexy Geek’s House of Swag lists his top 5 Kurt Russell movies. (Where’s Tombstone???)
- Michael May takes us on a pictorial trip through Kurt Russell’s greatest roles.
- FijiMermaid from Sideshow Cinema could very well win this week for actually appearing in a Kurt Russell movie! (maybe.)
- Team Hellions discusses possibly the greatest idea ever: Kurt Russell Mania.
- My Eidetic Memory recalls Kurt Russell’s appearance on South Park.
- Cool & Collected visits the old west (again!) and heaps praise upon Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday in Tombstone…
- While Nate from Thought Bubbles gives high marks to Mr. Russell’s performance in the Thing.
- Shezcrafti gives us the lowdown on Kurt Russell’s Guide to Bagging Mega-Rich Women with Amnesia.
Whew! Another amazing week of responses. I’ll post this week’s topic later today. NOTE: We will take a break for the week of July 1-7, so you won’t want to skip the assignment to be announced later today.
Don’t forget, if you sign up for the Cool & Collected email newsletter, you will get a reminder on Mondays about the League topics and results.
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye this week on League member’s sites:
- Brother Midnight needs to fix the flash on his camera so I can see this massive Creature from the Black Lagoon.
- Aaron shares some tips on how to not let a movie get over-hyped.
- Have you seen the Hot Toys DX Joker? Rob has a great preview up on Action Figure Chat.
- Did you have a shoebox full of trading cards back in the 80’s? Reis did.
- All collectors need to check out “Collecting Nostalgia 001” over at Life with Fandom!
- Michael May has some exciting news about his comic “Kill All Monsters.”
- Did you get your copy of Profiles in History’s Animation Acution catalog? I got mine!
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!
Confession time: I have never seen Tombstone. I will though. It’s on my must see list.
I think you’ll dig it. Give it a try.
Nate Tieman says
Same goes for me. Although after reading the League posts this week, I feel like I have to in order to get my RDAA (Recommended Daily Allowance of Awesome).
It’s one of Kurt Russell’s and Val Kilmer’s best roles, as well as a reminder that Jason Priestly should have never starred in anything outside of Beverly Hills 90210.
I took my kid sister, who was absolutely smitten with Priestly, to meet him at Bloomingdale’s and then to see Calander Girl.
2 hours I’ll never get back.
I like the idea of being the naked butt guy. That’s my thing. People are always like “Who’s The Claymation Werewolf again?” and their friend is all “um…Kurt Russell’s butt?” First Girl: “Ohhhh yeah, that’s right!”
You knew I wasn’t going to let that slide, didn’t you? 😉
Was there ever any doubt Kurt Russell is awesome! Even when he was on Gilligan’s Isle he was great lol.
Rob Skellington says
Hi all just checking in here wanted to say what a great subject this one was and there are some fantastic posts up around the various blogs.
Thanks to Brian for the shout out on the Hot Toys DX Joker And for throwing up a link for Action Figure Chat, your a star dude.
And to Mike, “haven’t seen Tombstone”… YES U ARE MISSING OUT!!! Great movie 😀