What a great week for the League! We took a nostalgic, often painful, look back at the last official year of our childhood. We covered the 80’s pretty well, and even touched on the early 90’s…
- 1982: Dex at AEIOU and Sometimes Why, and Lefty Limbo
- 1984: Brian at Cool & Collected (part 1 – part 2), Reis at the Lair of the Dork Horde
- 1985: Mike at Memories of Toymorrow
- 1988: Tim at Flashlights are Something to Eat
- 1990: Kevin at Team Hellions (Four parts: Music, TV, Muppets, and Comics), Shawn at Branded in the 80’s, and Stacy at Pendragon’s Post
- 1992: The Claymation Werewolf
- 1993: Ashley at Life with Fandom
So many amazing memories, but I think Claymation Werewolf wins this week with the revelation that he married his childhood sweetheart.
League members: if you sign up for my new e-Newsletter, you’ll receive the weekly League topic right in your inbox.
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye on League member sites this week…
- Check out this awesome Buffalo Bill skateboard design by Lefty Limbo.
- I hit the first yard sales of the season.
- Reis got to go to a toy show.
- Tim braved the crowds on Record Store Day.
- Two League members got to hang out with each other AND go to a toy show. (jealous).
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!