Profiles in History has amassed an incredible array of movie history for their upcoming Icons & Legends of Hollywood auction. This is possibly the largest, most significant offering of Hollywood artifacts in the history of the company–and that’s saying something!
There are over 900 lots up for bid, and the total sales are expected to exceed $10 million.
Here are a few of the notable items that caught my eye:
- David Prowse “Darth Vader” screen used signature mask and helmet from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back.
- “Stay Puft Marshmallow Man” creature head/feet from Ghostbusters.
- Tom Skerritt “Dallas” space suit from Alien.
- Original “Dragula” coffin dragster from The Munsters and Munster, Go Home!
- Daniel Radcliffe signature “Harry Potter” glasses from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- “SS Venture” steamship filming miniature from King Kong (1933).
Many of us might not be able to afford these iconic movie props, but it’s always fun to browse through the catalog! Check it out here. The auction will be September 25th and 26th in Los Angeles.