Okay, so Beastmaster was the go-to movie for my adolescence and formed me into the man I am today–strong, lean, and always rocking the loincloth. Some interesting choices were presented by fellow members of the League of Extraordinary Bloggers. Here’s the full list, and if your tastes align with any of theirs, be sure to click through and take a walk down memory lane…
- Christopher Tupa is still searching for One Eyed Willie’s treasure. Be sure to check out his illustrations! (Goonies)
- TL at the “Flashlights are Something to Eat” came up with one of the more obscure choices that instantly flooded me with nostalgia for summer camp. (Poison Ivy)
- Charles Raymond at Geek Show Ink likes Raiders of the Lost Ark…
- …while Stacey Raider of Pendragon’s Post prefers the Temple of Doom.
- Jeff Sparkman at Siftin’ gets brownie points for dressing up in tights in support of his pick. (Superman II)
- Jason Wilson at I Fart Online was of the same mindset, but didn’t wear the tights. (Superman)
- Justin at Generals Joes also likes his superheroes, but he’s more of a Marvel fan. (Spiderman TV series)
- I thought for sure that Predator was going to be the choice for Fiji Mermaid over at Sideshow Cinema but another horror movie took the honor. (Fright Night)
- Monsterfink’s Midnight Monster Spookshow totally surprised me for NOT choosing a horror movie. (Yellow Submarine)
- Nat. Not Nate. Dot Net. came up with possibly the most obscure movie. (The Final Countdown)
- “I know you are but what am I?” Michael May’s Adventureblog chose a true icon for his movie: (Pee Wee’s Big Adventure)
- I swear, sometimes I think Shawn Robare and I were separated at birth. Branded in the 80’s chimed in with one of my all time favorite movies. (Red Dawn)
- Bantor2 over at Eidetic Memory brought back some serious testosterone-fueled nostalgia with his movie.(Bloodsport)
- The Claymation Werewolf never disappoints with his unique take on pop culture. Any Johnny Utah fans out there? (Point Break)
- Paxton Holley at the Cavalcade of Awesome chose a movie that I was sure would get several mentions. “Marty, we have to go back!” (Back to the Future)
- The Sexy Geek’s house of Swag also has fond memories of MJ and Doc brown. (Back to the Future)
- In true form, Jeremy at Geek Chunks had a truly weird selection. (Weird Science)
- Dex1138 at the AEIOU and Sometimes Why blog has seen his “Go to” movie a lot. A whole lot! (Star Wars)
- The doubledumbassonyou blog picked a trifecta, and I can’t argue with any of them. (Big Trouble in Little China, Transformers: The Movie, and Flash Gordon)
- Another fan of those fighting robots: Fairplay Things: (Transformers)
- And in closing, CT from the Nerd Lunch crew has the distinction of selecting the only movie on this list that I just don’t understand. (Buckaroo Banzai)
This was the first weekly topic for the League and I am extremely impressed with the response. Twenty of us contributed and truly made the world a better place in the process. A sincere “thank you” goes out to all of my fellow pop culture bloggers!
If you are one of the blogs mentioned above, be sure to add some of the links to the post you wrote on your site, and help to spread the pop culture gospel.
If you would like to join in this crazy carnival of fun, here’s how.
Awesome turn out! Congrats to everyone that participated. I think we might have something going on here….
I agree Dex! This was a lot of fun and the turnout was excellent. I’ll put up the topic idea for this week’s post later today, so stay tuned!
Agreed, as well. This might be what it takes to get some of the small-time closet bloggers like myself to come out of the shadows a bit! A great turn out, indeed!
Plus, we get introduced to fellow bloggers we might not know. I’ve been enjoying the heck out of your site TL!
Yay for more Indiana Jones love! And I’m glad to see someone choose Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure. It was almost my pick, but I had to go with Temple of Doom.
I was originally going to go with Yellow Submarine, as I am a die hard Beatles fan, but the movie didn’t have the impact on my teen age years that Back To The Future did. I am glad to see Yellow Submarine make this list.
Hey. I made a comment and didn’t get linked? That has happened twice. What is the deal?
Hey Kal, have you been putting posts up on your site? I haven’t received any emails or comments with the URL. Drop me a note if they’re up on your site and I’ll certainly add them to the list of links!