Here’s a great montage of old toy commercials. I will be heading over to eBay now to find one of those Bing, Bang, Boing games. Toys used to be so much fun when they had parts that could poke your eyes out and choke you to death. Here are some other reactions to the toys in the video:
- Those SSP Racers were (and still are) incredible annoying. That sound–make it stop!
- Whatever happened to demolition derbies? We need more demolition derbies in the world.
- I bet after every crash of those smash up derby cars, you lost at least one piece.
- Water wiggle caused severe bruising and lacerations.
- Bug-Out reminds me of grab raffles for the last piece of jello at summer camp.
- That screech owl commercial gives me the heebeejeebies. It sounds like a child molester was selling this toy. The 70’s were very different from today.
- The Masterpiece game looks like the most boring board game ever devised.
Cool games back in those days. I still have the Derby cars from clipper and they have still all the parts. Its great fun to play with them 🙂